I don't go to Olympus High School or know any of these people, but this video made me cry. These are the kind of youth I get to interact with daily. An army of good, and an army of the Lord.
I have been thinking about a mission a lot since October. I already had such a strong desire to go, but as I am very young and young women couldn't go until age 21, I would have been one semester away from receiving my Bachelor's Degree. I didn't know how well that would work out. So basically, I wanted to, but didn't know if it would happen. That announcement in October changed my life. The feeling I got as soon as my beloved prophet said that, it was incredible. Then, a mission became a reality. It was two years away.... was I really going to do this? If so, I had so much to do. I asked often for direction if it was right for me. It still is a ways away, but I needed to know. And now I do. I WILL SERVE A MISSION. A mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My desire to go is so strong. I want to go so badly. If I could, I would honestly go tomorrow. Obviously I have a ton of preparation to do so it's probably a good thing I can't haha, but man oh man. I want to get out there so badly. The gospel has brought my life immense joy and incredible purpose. I cannot put into words the love I have for my Savior. I know without any doubt in me that this church is true. Yes, there is so much I don't understand about it. But what I do understand is enough. I KNOW it is true and that this is exactly where I need to be. I just want to shout it out to everyone I meet. Honestly! I wish I could just stand on a mountain with a super powerful megaphone and tell everyone how amazing it is and how perfect and pure it is. I cannot wait to serve a mission. I cannot wait. I love the Lord and I am so excited to devote 18 hard, trying, but beautiful months of my life to Him and his work. I turn nineteen in 691 days. 691 to prepare. The countdown begins. :)
I'm a Mormon. I KNOW it. I LIVE it. I LOVE it.
No comments:
Post a Comment