1.27.2013

For Darcy

Well hello blogging world! It's been a mighty long time and I apologize. It's very obvious blogging isn't my forte. But I had a few requests to pick back up again. I sort of "eh"'d the idea. Until Darcy. So Darc, here you go. For you. :) Love you and miss you like crazy!!!


I was trying to think of something currently happening in my life that is worthy of my "welcome back" to blog-dom. But I honestly can't think of anything anyone would care to read about. So I've accepted the fact that this probably won't be very interesting to anyone... And now I'm going to write to you about my new job. Yay.

 PIZZA PIE CAFE. Yes. That is where I work. I really am not a fan of working, I'd much rather play all the time. Ha. :) But I kinda need to pay for college and a mission, so I got a job. I am now a cashier at Pizza Pie Cafe in Bountiful! I'll be honest.... I LOVE IT. I actually have FUN at work! Can you believe it?! It's a party!! My managers are the coolest people. So down to earth, so genuine, and so funny. We just tease each other and it's grand.



This is them. I creepily pulled this picture off the internet. The people that work at this place are AWESOME. I have only met one I don't like (sorry to be rude but she's a grouch). Everyone else is fun though!


 Here are some of the things my job entails.

CASHING: obviously. That's kinda my job description. I know how to work the fancy little touch screen computers. I greet people as they walk in, take their money, and smile. It's fun to get to talk to people and be up front. There is usually another cashier too so we get to talk and that's nice. So yeah, I'm the big man handling all the cash. Go me.

CLEANING: Since we aren't constantly doing something at the cash registers we are in charge of making sure salad and drink stations look clean. And we stock the napkins and lids and all that jazz. It amazes me how messy people are sometimes. It's not THAT hard to put croutons on your salad. Yet somehow people manage to get them all over. Seriously?

BUSS BOYS: Oh how I love the buss boys. :) We have fun. Especially me and this busser named Brady. That kid is hilarious. And such a punk!! So as he cleans tables and I do all my jobs, we talk. And flirt (a lot). And sing along to the radio haha. He's just fun.

THE SHIRTS: The shirts we have to wear are funny. They all have silly sayings on the back of them. My favorite says, "STOP checking me out. I'm not on the buffet."

TIPS: I live for tips at this place. They make me happy. We have a competition to see who can get the most. It's great. I'm pretty dang good, let me tell you.

FOOD FOOD FOOD: This job is going to make me fat. I'm always around food. And it's yum. Pizza Pie has a bunch of crazy pizzas, including desert pizzas. And for me it's free. I get to eat on break, before my shift, and after my shift. Whatever I want. It takes some serious self control to not just stuff my face all the time. The desert pizza..... holy. So much sugar = so much goodness. Plus I get to take home some extras after closing. So then I eat more at home. It's just bad.

I SET A RECORD!!: Saturday I worked for 7 and a half hours. Richard (my boss) at the end of a night came over to see my totals. He was shocked! He said that is a ton to make in one night. He also said it was a record, but I don't think that's actually true. Who knows. I still had to pat myself on the back for making that much my fourth night working. BOOH YAH.

THE BATHROOMS: At night when everyone has left, it's my job to clean the bathrooms. I just live for this super fun experience. Let me tell you the one thing I have learned from this: Men are OFFICIALLY messier than women. Trust me. I would know.

CLOSING: There are a couple other things we have to do at the end of the night. I won't bore you with the details. But let me just tell you one quick crazy story: I have to clean the windows/doors into this place. Well last week there was one night it was SO COLD that the cleaner was literally freezing to the window on contact. I was just wiping a bunch of frost around the windows. Ridiculous.


 So yeah!! There you have it. My fun new job. Sorry if that bored you to death. But hey, come visit me sometime!! I would love it. :) Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment