I've been here in Provo for 3 weeks now. Let me tell you - it has been the LONGEST 21 days of my life. I feel like I've lived here for ages!! I have never felt so overwhelmed. Ever. But it's an exciting sort of overwhelmed... usually ;)
It wasn't all that easy for me to decide where I wanted to go to school. I thought about it a lot. I never felt like I really got "an answer" if this was the school for me or not. I prayed, thought, fasted, prayed, asked people, thought, prayed some more. I finally decided I loved how BYU made me feel and it seemed like it would be a wonderful opportunity for me. So I chose here, still feeling like it was only my own thoughts guiding my decision. Well, the day after I moved in, I finally got my answer. A real and solid one. I KNOW I am supposed to be here. For whatever reason, this is the place I need to be right now. It is so comforting to feel like I'm in the place Heavenly Father wants me to be, especially in the hard moments. So many amazing opportunities await me, and I cannot wait to see all that my freshman year will bring!
My biggest goals are to work hard, do well, and to just enjoy it. ENJOY my time here. Some days it has been hard to smile like I typically do. Homework is harder than it's ever been, I feel like all I ever do is study. I'm away from family. Making friends here is not as easy as making friends in a place like high school, where you actually see these people on a regular basis. So much has changed, and it's all been thrown at me at once. It's a big adjustment! However I know that it is a privilege to be attending this school right now, and I'm so grateful that I'm here. I'm so thrilled for all that's just around the corner. College, I'm ready for ya. :)
These would be my lovely roommates! I seriously got SO lucky. From left to right it's Lyndie, Ryan, Meg, Me, Liza, and Lena. Pretty good lookin group, eh? Haha. I love these people so much already.
![]() |
| The football game BEFORE it rained... |
![]() |
Today Kiera, Olivia, and I decided to get off campus for a bit and go eat some waffles at Bridal Veil Falls. It was SO fun!! It felt so good to get out into my home - the mountains. Ahh. Nothing refreshes and revitalizes me like the mountains do. Plus those waffles were DIVINE. We will definitely be going back soon. :)
I have met some of the coolest people ever here. This place is full of absolute quality people. I'm so lucky to be here. I'm having fun, I am. :) And every day gets a little better. I've been trying so hard to have the best attitude I can... and its working. I'm starting to really love college.
Well, I have loads of homework to do still so I'm out. I'll try to keep this updated! Happy Wednesday!
Abigail






No comments:
Post a Comment