I honestly cannot tell you how happy I am with my life right now. My life is JOY! Seriously, it's joy.
But lets be honest, my life is far from easy. Its hard. Last night I sat on my bed and cried like a three-year-old for a long time. Like an hour. So obviously life isn't perfect. It's hard. Really hard!! But I don't think I've ever been a happier person in my whole entire life! Want to know my secret?
I know who I am.
I don't know why it took me this long, but recently I have finally figured out who Abby Moon is. And I LOVE her :) You want to meet her? I'll tell you a little bit about her.
Abby Moon is a 15 year old girl. She has amazing parents who she loves so much. Her mom is her best friend. She has 3 younger siblings who make her so happy. She is a junior (a really young junior. she doesn't like that so much.) who enjoys school and learning. She loves Cutler's sugar cookies. Running is her passion. She runs for everything. It is her stress relief, her anger management, her escape. She loves how she feels when she is running. LOVES. Abby hates pickles, olives, tomatoes, and mustard. She loves the beach and wishes she could live by it. Some day she wants to. Really bad. It's one of her secret dreams, to live on the beach and learn how to surf. To wake up each morning to a fabulous sunset over the ocean and go running as she watches it rise in the sky. Pretty much she just REALLY REALLY loves the ocean and the beach. Like seriously. She loves it. She loves music and listens to it almost 24/7. She feels like music expresses feelings and thoughts that simple words can't. When used right, music is powerful and beautiful and inspirational. One of her pet peeves is when guys have long fingernails. She HATES that. Just if you were wondering. It grosses her out. Seriously, people. CUT THEM. Abby has this camera that is like her baby. Photography is something she really loves. She believes that laughing and ice cream are the best medicine. Laughing and ice cream make everything better :) Traveling is probably her favorite thing to do (To answer that question that people ask at stupid "get to know you games" or whatever, if she had a million dollars she would travel. Just if you were wondering.). Abigail feels like you learn and grow more when experiencing new cultures and places then you ever could in school room. She thinks they should just send people on vacations instead of making them go to school. Yep. She would like that. She has a passion for experiencing new things and new ways of life. She seriously soaks in whatever culture she can when she goes to a new place. She is in love with the outdoors. If she could spend all her life outside, she would. I'm not exaggerating, if people would let her, she would. In fact she kind of thinks that this blog post should hurry up and end so she can go play at the park with her sister.... Anyways. Haha. Another thing she LOVES is boating. Oh boating!! She wants to go right now. She REALLY wants to go right now. Wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, she loves it. Like loves. Abby loves her friends. She has the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. And pretty much she really loves them, and is so grateful for them! They are AWESOME. They make her laugh so hard. Abby has kind of a retarded laugh. It gets made fun of a lot. But thats okay :) Haha. Her hair rarely does what she wants it to, she frequently gets zits in the middle of her forehead, she isn't insanely gorgeous or funny. She has weird ears and a little extra flub in the stomach area. But she doesn't really care. She likes herself anyways :) Growing up and going to college scares her. Getting older and the future scares her. She feels like she is still a little kid who wants to jump on beds and color with chalk and just run to mommy when she is upset or afraid. But she has to grow up. She is becoming her own person who no longer is going to depend on people to make her happy. She is amazing, and she knows it. She is sick of people putting her down and making her feel small. So from now on, she is going to stand up and love herself for who she is. She is ABBY MOON, and nobody can make her differently. From now on, people's opinions aren't going to make her want to change or feel bad for who she is. She is herself, so everyone, you can love her or leave her. Hah. :) But do you want to know what really makes Abby Moon Abby Moon? Her Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. They love her so much she can't even imagine. Nobody can. And she loves them. Her relationship with Christ is so special and sacred. In a way she feels like He is her best friend. Because when she thinks about all the qualities she wants in a best friend, He perfectly exemplifies them. He is always there for her, and would do absolutely anything for her. She knows He always has her back. He knows how she is feeling and she can go to him at any time of day, any place. And she does it often, haha. He hears so much venting from her. Every time she is having a bad day, He knows just why and just how to make her feel better. He TRULY knows exactly how she feels and it is so comforting to her. He has gone through it all before. He knows her so well, better than anybody else on this planet. He knows all her dreams, heartaches, wishes, favorite things, biggest secrets, boys she is crushin on, happiest moments, pet peeves. Their relationship is so personal. She doesn't know how, how it is possible for Him to be so close with every person on this earth, but she knows He does. And that is all that matters! And another thing that makes Him like her best friend is the JOY that he brings her. When she has His spirit with her, you can't imagine the joy that she feels. She can be crying and having the worst day and the second she talks to him, He makes her happy. He doesn't make everything better, he doesn't take away the problem or solve the issue, and He definitely doesn't make her life easy. But He definitely makes her feel loved. And all the sudden the stuff around her doesn't matter as much anymore! He makes her happy to be Abby. Her Savior and Heavenly Father put the light in her big brown eyes. They put the love in her heart. They make her life amazing!! They have done so much for her, more then she could ever imagine. She knows that they are REAL. They are so real. And she loves them so much.
So, do you all like her as much as I do?? ;) Guys, I'm so happy to be me. I can't tell you how this recent knowledge has improved my life. I don't know why the heck it took me so long to realize this. Haha. But now that I do, my life is a million times better. I love myself. There are lots of things about me that aren't my favorite, and I want to change. I know that I still have a long way to go. I'm not perfect, oh boy I'm so far from perfect. So far. But that doesn't matter because each day I'm trying and striving to be a better Abby then who I was before. I'm not going to be a DIFFERENT Abby, I don't want to change who I am. I just want to make the current Abby better. Because I know I can be better. And every day I'm going to try my hardest to improve. And someday, when I've worked as hard as I can and done as much as I can do to better myself, my Savior through his incredible grace and miraculous atonement will do the rest of the work for me. I can't wait for the day when I'm able to see him and my Father again. Hug them, just be held by them and again feel of their powerful love. Ahhhh!! I can't wait :)
Well, sorry that was really long. You probably didn't care to hear all that. But I just wanted to get it out! Haha.
Stay great!
Love you all!
that was really, really long, but I most definitely read it all! you are wonderful, Abby Moon.
ReplyDeleteJoyous! I love her and I don't even really know her! Isn't that weird?
ReplyDeleteAbby reading this made me so happy! You are amazing bud and I love that you are finally catching on to that fact that is so obvious to the rest of us! I love you buddy, and we definitely need to hang out! Soon!
ReplyDeleteAlthough it was long, I just couldn't stop reading because it was describing one of my absolute best friends perfectly. I love Abby Moon for who she is (: This post makes me smile. I just might have to copy you.. (:
ReplyDeleteAbby you have such a way with words. If you ever write a book I want to read it. YOU ARE AMAZING!! I LOVE this Abby Moon and I want more of her. Sign me up.
ReplyDeleteI love your adventurous spirit and willingness to try anything. I want to be more like you in that way. You are so wise beyond your years which is great because you know the truly important things in life, but can be hard too. You are so on the right track. I am so glad you have chosen the best friend a person can have to turn to and that you also see the amazing friend you can be to yourself.
Be good that Abby because she is so great. And us Moons Love her so much.
Abby,
ReplyDeleteThis is a gem! I am slowly getting back into the swing of this blogging thing and I saw that you had a blog through your comment. I came across this post and...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I love the raw honesty and the solid confidence. I love everything about you. I love you just the way you are. Our imperfections make us one of a kind!!! If we were all perfect, we would not need to grow and to learn as we are doing! You are going to do amazing things in life!
P.S. I LOVE Pizze Pie. We are going to have to make a pit stop soon!